Wood County Veteran Service Officer 2003- Present
- Member of the County Veteran Service Officer Association of Wisconsin
- Member of the Association’s Executive, Training and Standards and Chairman of the Legislative Committee.
- 1974-1978 United States Air Force Served as an Intelligence Analyst Served in Japan Korea and CONUS.
- 1981-1985 Wisconsin Army National Guard served as an infantryman and a unit chemical NCO a traditional guardsman.
- 1985-2002 Active duty Army National Guard served as an operations NCO at Battalion, State, Corps and Theater level. Retired at the rank of Master Sergeant with 21.5 years of active duty service.
- Graduate of Saint Norbert College, DePere Wisconsin with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a minor in psychology
Wade R. Maki
Assistant Wood County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO)
United States Air Force Veteran:
- Retired after 21.5 years of active duty service
- Served as a Medical Logistician and Medical Readiness planner supervisor
- Stationed at six stateside locations and also served overseas; one extended long tour to Wiesbaden Germany and two separate remote tours to the republic of Korea, one year at Kunsan Air Base, and another one year tour to Kimhae(Pusan).
Education & Training:
- Numerous military certifications, and non-commissioned officer and senior non-commissioned officer training courses while in service.
- Upon retiring from service attained an Associate’s Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Wood County, Marshfield, Wisconsin and completed a Bachelor’s of Science degree via the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
Work history prior to current position:
- Disabled Veterans Outreach Program manager for the State of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Claims Representative with the Social Security Administration, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Began work as Assistant CVSO and running the Branch office in Marshfield, Wisconsin on April, 22nd 2013.
Veterans Affairs Links