Corporation Counsel's Office
Wood County Corporation Counsel
Wood County Courthouse
Hours: 8:00am - 12:15pm,
1:00pm - 4:30pm Mon-Fri
Phone: (715) 421-8465
(This office does not provide direct
legal services to the public.)
Providing civil legal services to Wood County departments and officials.
Goal 1: Provide general legal services to departments, committees, and the county
- Draft and review contracts, leases, ordinances & resolutions.
- Draft and review case pleadings and communications.
- Develop and disseminate legal opinions.
Goal 2: Prosecute ordinance violations.
- Assist departments in pre-litigation negotiations.
- Prosecute ordinance violations referred by departments.
- Pursue compliance of court orders (collection of forfeitures).
Goal 3: Represent the county in commitment proceedings.
- Prosecute mental and alcohol commitments.
- Pursue guardianships and protective placements when requested by County social workers.
Goal 4: Represent the Child Support Agency.
- Assist in developing and maintaining litigation related policies.
- Draft, review, and revise legal pleadings.
- Represent the Child Support agency in court.
Goal 5: Provide in-house counsel services.
- Update departments on changes in the laws and their impacts.
- Advise and represent departments in administrative proceedings.
- Respond to department/staff inquiries on the application of the laws.
- Oversee compliance with the ADA, open meetings law, public records law, HIPAA, etc.
- Serve as parliamentarian.