Snowmobiling - Wood County Park & Forestry
- Trail conditions can vary widely over short distances. Extra caution should be used
in plowed fields as trails may be rough and reduce your speed on corners and curves
due to icy conditions.
- Please note the trail changes in the Nekoosa area and STAY ON MARKED TRAIL!!
- ATV'S are NOT allowed on Snowmobile trails!
Snowmobilers in Wood County
Wood County has 271.1 miles of snowmobile trails to enjoy. Seven clubs make up the
Wood County Snowmobile Alliance and maintain the trails. When snowmobiling, please
stay on marked trails. The club information is as follows:
- Auburndale Nite Owls
President: Glenn Grassel
- Bakerville Sno Rovers
President: Scott Hansen
- Kellner Knights
President: Dan Guck
- Rudolph River Rovers
President: George Belknap
- Sunset Drifters
President: Mike Hack
- Vesper Snow Drifters
President: Jeff Grimm
- Yellow River Riders
President: Mike Herzberg
Trail maps are available at the Wood County Park & Forestry Office and many business
locations in Wood County. The most current map is also available in the following
The State of Wisconsin has adopted, by legislative action, a system of funding whereby
snowmobilers themselves pay for the vast network of trails that criss-cross the
State. Monies are generated by snowmobile registration and by State gas taxes on
the portion of the fuel used by snowmobilers. This fund is administered by the Department
of Natural Resources and cooperating counties that have adopted the program. Counties
contract with individuals or organizations to develop and maintain trails, usually
local snowmobile clubs.
Please Note the Following:
- Please respect all public and private property and stay on marked trails and routes.
- Use EXTREME CAUTION on all lakes and streams. "Self-funded" and corridor trails
do not cross lakes.
- Obey all state laws and local ordinances.
- Do not operate snowmobiles on highways and roads unless posted as a snowmobile route.
Snowmobile routes on roads are designated by local ordinance.
- All snowmobiles must have current registration.